DATES: In 2012 we plan a limited-scale stratigraphic excavation as part of the study season. We will admit up to 10 students and up to 5 volunteers to participate in the excavation from June 18 to July 7.
ESTIMATED COSTS *
(*approximate; final amount will depend on currency exchange rates and total number of participants)
1. PROGRAM FEES: $2,890.00
The program fees include:
- accommodation from June 17 up to and including July 7 (departure July 8) in air-conditioned rooms with TV and private baths (double occupancy); most rooms (assigned on a first-come first-serve basis) have breathtaking views of the bay of Navarino
- buffet breakfast and full four-course dinner every day
- entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums
- travel to local archaeological sites and museums and daily transportation to and from the dig sites
- archaeological support
- all trips to the beautiful sandy beaches of the area
- health insurance
2. PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TWO FEES:
STUDENTS: TUITION FEES: $1,600 for Six (6) credit hours (approximate; precise amount will be set by the University in the spring)
For students participating for credit.
VOLUNTEERS: AUDITING FEES: $1,890.00
For non-students members of the public who wish to come just for the fun! Ages 18-88 are welcome!
Fee Payment Schedule and Financial Aid
A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is required by March 12, 2012 to secure a spot in the project. Applications, including deposits, will be accepted until all spots have been filled. The balance of fees is due by May 1, 2012. If you are a UMSL student you are eligible to apply for a scholarship through the Center for International Studies. Please contact Amy FIllo, 314-516-6497 for further information.
NOTE ON AIRFARE: Participants are free to make their own travel arrangements.
INSTRUCTOR: Dr. Michael Cosmopoulos, Hellenic Government-Karakas Family Foundation Professor in Greek Studies and Professor of Archaeology (click here for biographical information)